We couldn't be more excited to announce 'The Godfather of the Grill' as the first (and arguably most suited) member of our JAN 25 judging panel. Our WINTER BBQ themed-battle, the first of 2016, set to take place at R&D will pit Chef Harrison Hennick (NIQUE) against Chef Terry Port.
Chef Ted Reader (alias 'The Godfather of Grill') is a long-standing favorite of the UCC team. Often a fixture at many UCC events, he continues to inspire us with a long-standing successful tenure in the culinary industry - one amazing accomplishment followed by the next.
Here, we've compiled a list of 5 things you should know about Chef Reader.
5 Things You Need to Know about The Godfather of the Grill
- Graduated from the culinary program at George Brown College.
- Authored a whopping 21 books - the most recent title (Gastro Grilling) is the recipient of the 2014 Single-Subject Cookbook at the Taste of Canada Food Writing Awards.
- Professor of the Modern Culinary Applications Innovations at the Canadian Food & Wine Institute at Niagara College.
- Owns a handful of BBQs and smokers, but most recently added a 1972 Ford Seagrave pumper truck to his collection called HOPTIMUS PRIME, a catering kitchen on wheels specializing in beer and BBQ.
- Is a UCC Brand Ambassador (we're so lucky to have him)!
Learn more about Chef Ted Reader on his website here or by following him on Twitter here. Better yet, grab your tickets to our upcoming Chef Battle on JAN 25 here and come meet him in person.